Bleach / Disinfectants
Tough Piping Systems for the Harshest Caustics and Acids
Plants producing or handling bleaches and related disinfectants need pipe, valve and duct system materials specifically capable of handling these and other extremely corrosive caustic and acidic chemicals:
- Sodium hypochlorite (NaClO)
- Sodium chlorate (NaClO3)
- Sodium chloride (NaCl)
- Chlorine dioxide (ClO2)
- Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2)
- Hydrochloric and sulfuric acid
- Peracetic acid (C2H4O3)
Our Thermoplastics Outperform Metals, PVC, CPVC
These types of chemicals adversely affect the service life of carbon and stainless steel piping materials. Similarly, PVC, CPVC and FRP systems are prone to failure because their solvent cement or flanged joints are vulnerable to chemical degradation or leakage. Our thermally fused (welded) thermoplastic piping systems eliminate cemented joints and flange leak-points completely and provide superior corrosion-resistance both internally and externally. They are also lightweight and easy to install.
Cost savings versus metals, lined steel and FRP systems can be realized from beginning to end: lower cost of material, lower cost of installation, and lower retrofit and maintenance costs.
Gas Permeation and Fugitive Emissions
We have extensive experience providing solutions to the permeation, fugitive emissions and external corrosion problems associated with sodium hypochlorite and related services, including:
- Ball valves with vented balls
- Diaphragm valves with gas permeation barriers
- Single wall, double wall and “armored” dual laminate piping systems
- Corrosion-resistant fume extraction systems.
Find all thermoplastic pipe, fittings, valves and air-handling equipment for bleach processing from a single source – Simtech.
Relevant Simtech product links:
- ArmorTech® structurally reinforced piping
- Chemical Piping: Kynar PVDF
- Z_Tech Severe Chemical Service Valves
- AirTech® Fume Exhaust system
- ContainTech® Double Containment Piping