AlphaPlus® Polypropylene Chemical Piping Systems
The New Generation of Polypropylene for Industry
AlphaPlus® Polypropylene is suitable for a wider range of chemicals than other piping materials such as FRP and CPVC, and can handle temperatures from 32°F-200°+F depending on the application.
This proprietary AlphaPlus resin formula and exclusive in-line annealing extrusion also considerably improves rigidity at high temperatures and impact resistance at low temperatures - far superior to β-nucleated PP and standard PP-H. No other polypropylene offers this combination of longer service life, greater functionality, improved safety and low cost of ownership.
- Stress Relieved Polypropylene Pipe: ½” - 48”
- Molded Polypropylene Socket Fittings: ½” - 4”
- Molded Polypropylene Butt Weld Fittings: ½” - 20”
- Fabricated Polypropylene Fittings: 18” - 48”
AlphaPlus PP pipe and fittings offer advantages over other polypropylenes in the market:
- Considerable reduction in pressure loss due to improved hydraulic properties
- Significantly lower risk of particle deposits due to ultra-smooth surfaces
- Potential cost-savings as a result of extended intervals between cleaning
- Longer service life due to enhanced chemical resistance and minimized risk of stress cracks
- Safe installation and assembly of pipes due to improved impact strength, even at low temperatures
- Greater safety margin due to improved weld quality
- Higher degree of safety when welding pipes in locations that are difficult to access.
AlphaPlus polypropylene piping is used by a wide range of industries with specialized needs including:
- Chemical process
- Pulp & paper
- Nuclear power
- Metal preparation and finishing
- Water treatment
- Food, beverage, brewing.